Saturday, March 27, 2010

Beautiful Saturday


Gorgeous day here today - the sun is shining, it's not too hot or humid, just perfect.

Today, like most days part of my extended "family" came for a visit.

The "family" is a group of butcher birds. I have been feeding them for the last couple of years. I call them my birdy boys, well obviously they are not all boys because each year we get a new baby.

This little fellow, who I call my little boy, comes nearly every day and he/she is easily recognisable as one of his talons is missing on his right foot. He is so gentle with me he can take the tiniest skerrick of meat off the tip of my finger without getting my finger in the process.

I also have a couple of magpies visit too and when they come in for their next feed I'll take some pics.

Well, I need to go and make some more cards.

Have a nice morning/afternoon/night.

2 comments:

  1. He's beautiful, I love to feed the birds, but they won't let me get that close!

    ReplyDelete